With a UK Bank Holiday just days away many airports are expecting the number of travellers and holiday makers to increase. Whether you are off somewhere this weekend, or just want to ensure a hassle free departure next time you head to the airport here are a few simple tips.
- Double check that your passport is valid. With Brexit on the horizon it’s recommended that you have at least 6 months validity for all destinations – Europe and worldwide.
- Do you need a visa for entry? You can always check the foreign office travel website if you aren’t sure.
- Check your luggage allowance – airlines are much stricter about the limits. Don’t assume that if you are travelling as a family you can double up and put 2 people’s allowance in one suitcase. Your limit could be 15kg or 20kg per bag (or more) – but always check.
- Pick the Left Hand security lane – a majority of people are right-handed so automatically turn right; this lane is likely to be busier
- Some airports allow you to book ‘Fast Track Security’ (Bristol airport offers fast track online) for a nominal fee and this can help ease the anxiety and stress of queuing.
- Make sure any liquids in your hand luggage are under 100ml and separate them into a clear bag for security.
- Pre-book seats to be sure you are seated with your group or family. Check with your specific airline what their arrangements are for families; don’t assume you will automatically be seated together.
- Check if there are any delays at the airport before you leave. And check the roads and access routes if you are driving yourself.
- Travelling from a major airport and using the car park? Some of these car parks are enormous, in two weeks after a relaxing holiday you might not remember where you parked – take a photo of the location and the bus stop you used. If you don’t want the hassle of driving and parking then give us a call or ask for an airport transfer quote.
- Add a colourful strap or something to help you identify your luggage easily at the baggage collection area.
Wherever you are heading be safe and have a wonderful time. If you want us to pick you up just call and pre-book 0117 403 3555.